Sunday, October 5, 2008

What I don't like about Apple?

I have always been a fan of Apple and its products. Therefore, today might be my first ever anti-Apple feeling and a post here.

Over past few months I have seen that Apple comes out with a iTunes updates quite frequently. While, I like constant updates, I don't like the amount of download required to update my iTunes. Everytime I start updating my iTunes, it starts with a download of about 12 MB, followed by multiple downloads, totaling over 50 MB. This is not fair. I am sure there can be an intelligent updating possible which only applies a small patch and updates my iTunes. Even if that is not possible, what Apple should do is to allow download in multiple sessions. Currently, the whole update happens in one session and if it fails, I will have to download the whole damn thing again! With unreliable and slower internet connection this is really painful. Apple update should work like Windows update. Download the update silently in the background over multiple sessions and then offer to install it.

No comments: